Activ-Clay Air Dry Clay Coil Pot ~ Designed by Carolyn Stearns
Activ-Clay Air Dry Clay Coil Pot
Make this cute little Air Dry Clay coil pot with Activ- Clay and then personalize it!
One package White ACTÍVA Activ-Clay
Shiny pearl, sparkly, or glossy finish
1. Roll the clay into thin snakes, (coils) about ¼” thick, 12” long.
2. Start you pot by curling the snake around and around itself flat until it is about 2”
around. Now start building up the sides. You will put the coils on top of each
other as you build up the sides.
3. Score (make cuts) in the clay with the tooth pick everywhere the clay touches,
think helps keep the clay together, you can also put a little water on the scored
clay, it acts like glue to also help keep the clay together,
4. Make the pot as tall as you want, shaping as you go and pressing the coils
5. You can make a top by curling the coils around and around flat until it is a little
larger then the opening. Roll a ball and stick it to the top.
6. Set aside to dry.
7. Paint with watercolors, seal with sealer of your choice.