Stampin’ in Style
PLUS air dry CLAY STAMP
Make an impressive one of a kind clay stamp by using PLUS air dry clay
Plus air dry clay
Pencil or a wooden skewer
Buttons, stamps or anything with a good texture
Clear acrylic spray to seal
1) Pull or cut a piece of clay off of block about the size of a walnut. Without over working the clay, shape the clay into a ball by rolling in between hands.
2) Begin forming the handle of the stamp by grasping ball in the middle and pulling and rolling a handle or doorknob shape.
3) Tap the ball end of the stamp lightly on a flat surface to make the stamp work space. Take a pencil and make a design in the clay that is deep enough to leave a good impression. At this point, do not moisten either piece as this will make it very hard to remove the pressed in object.
4) Optional: use a cheese cutter to cut around the stamp to make a more interesting design.
5) Allow to dry thoroughly. The air dry clay will become lighter in color and will not be cool to the touch. This may take a day or two. Spray the stamp with clear acrylic spray to make it water resistant. Let it dry and then spray lightly with a cooking spray for easy release.
6) Enjoy your new stamp! It can be used on all other air dry clay to make a unique impression!
Created by Karen Lowrey (March 2015); photographs by Suzanne Bardwell