Activ Clay and CelluClay Decorative Fish Tray
Make this decorative tray with Activ Air drying Clay and CelluClay.
1 Package white Activ Clay
1 package white CelluClay
1 wooden tray
Fish stamp for fabric
Watercolor paint set
Clear glossy acrylic sealer
Aqua acrylic paint
Plastic mixing bowl
1 cup Measuring cup
White craft glue
1. Measure the inside of the tray, make a paper pattern, and cut one inch off one
short side and one long side.
2. Roll out the package of Activ Clay the same size as the paper pattern. The clay
should be approx. ¼” thick. Stamp the fish into the clay, use the round end of a
paint brush to carve around the fish and make designs in the clay, and use the
knife to cut around the fish to create tiles. Set aside to dry, this could take 24
hours depending on the weather. Let them air dry if you try to speed up the
process the tile might crack and bend.
3. Paint the tray with acrylic paint, pick a color that will go with the room you are
going to use the tray in, I used and aqua color.
4. When tiles are dry sand off any rough edges and paint with the water colors, there
is no right or wrong way to do this, the colors will brighten up after you seal it
with the liquid gloss sealer.
5. Dry fit the tiles into the tray. Take them out and keep them in the same pattern.
6. Mix up two cup of dry CelluClay with one cup of water, knead like bread dough
add a little more water if too dry.
7. Spread the CelluClay into the bottom of the tray, this is the grout, press the tiles in
place, fill in between the tiles with more CelluClay if necessary, and set aside to dry.
8. Seal the whole tray with liquid acrylic sealer.