Activ-Clay Butterfly ~ Designed by Carolyn Stearns
This Air Dry Clay Project using Activ-Clay is quick and easy to make and looks fantastic!
One package ACTÍVA White Activ-Clay
Butterfly Cookie cutters
Black craft wire
Plaid Papier Paint, Acrylic Paint or watercolors
1. Roll out clay to ¼” thick.
2. Cut out the butterfly, if you have a smaller butterfly cutter you can make an
impression in the bigger butterfly.
3. Put hole in the wings with a toothpick about ¼” from the edge. Set aside to dry.
4. Activ-Clay can be painted with any kind of paint. In the sample I used Blue
Acrylic paint thinner with water all over the butterfly, wiped with a paper towel
before the paint was dry. Then I did the designs with several colors of Papier
Paint right out of the bottle, but you can use the paint you have on hand. Acrylics,
watercolors, temper paint, this will keep the cost down if you are doing a group
5. Cut a piece of black craft wire 4” long, bend it into a fun shape, fold in half and
glue it to the back of the butterfly.
6. Cut a piece of 1/8” ribbon 8” long, put through holes tie knots to keep in place,
trim excess ribbon.