Under the Sea Sculpture by Susan Bivona
As part of the ACTÍVA Products Art Teacher Mystery Box contest, art teacher Susan Bivona submitted this Under the Sea Sculpture project. Visit Susan's art class profile here. See other projects submitted in the Mystery Box Contest and VOTE for Susan's project HERE (scroll to the end - voting ends May 8, 2017).
- ACTÍVA CelluClay
- ACTÍVA Activ Clay
- ACTÍVA Rigid Wrap
- ACTÍVA Scenic Sand
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Elmer’s Glue
- Plastic Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
1. To begin you will need a plastic bowl as the form for the base. Cover with plastic wrap, so you can remove the bowl after it has been covered with ACTÍVA Rigid Wrap.
2. Cover plastic bowl with 2 layers of ACTÍVA Rigid Wrap,
3. Allow to dry overnight, then remove the bowl. Turn the bowl form over - it will be the base for you ocean.
4. Use ACTÍVA CelluClay to create the ocean details onto of the base – seaweed, starfish, coral, shells, etc.
5. Use the ACTÍVA Activ Clay to create the fish and the seaweed that will hold your fish on the base.
6. Attach the ACTÍVA Activ Clay.
7. Paint the entire sculpture with tempera paint.
8. Use Elmer’s glue to draw some glue lines in the ocean or on the sand, sprinkle with ACTÍVA Scenic Sand.
9. Allow to dry! Now, enjoy your AWESOME Under the Sea Sculpture.