Relief Landscape Project by Charlene Lear
As part of the ACTÍVA Products Art Teacher Mystery Box contest, art teacher Charlene Lear submitted this Relief Landscape project. Visit Charlene on Instagram. See other projects submitted in the Mystery Box Contest and VOTE for Charlene's project HERE (scroll to the end - voting ends May 8, 2017).
- Canvas board
- ACTÍVA CelluClay
- ACTÍVA Activ Clay
- ACTÍVA Scenic Sand
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Palette knives
- Mod Podge
- Paper and pencil for sketching ideas
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A RELIEF LANDSCAPE
1. I first sketched out the plan for my relief landscape.
2. I then covered the canvas board with a thin layer of CelluClay.
3. Using more CelluClay, I sculpted rocks and a saguaro cactus in the foreground. I let it dry overnight.
4. I coated the entire surface with white acrylic paint and let it dry.
5. Next, I used Activ Clay to form the plants and mountains, which also was dried overnight.
6. I then used acrylic paint to paint everything.
7. Last, I glued down some Scenic Sand with Mod Podge.